Roads on Purple

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lianail, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:01 AM.

Tags:
  1. Lianail

Lianail Member

I'm making roads across purple. These roads will be designed for horse traffic, so that constricts some of the things that can be done.

If you want to contribute to building the roads follow these basic guidelines
    • Side roads connecting to bases do not need to follow these criteria
    • Major roads will be built along grid line intervals of 2000 so they are easy to find (ie x= 2000 or z= -4000)
    • Tunnels must be at least 2 wide x 3 high
    • No Stairs! use bottom slabs every other block for a 1/2 slope. These should be used on every slope, even a 1 block rise.
    • For sharp hills, remove the top 2-3 blocks of the hill to level it out and fill in the bottom 1 or 2 in gulleys, you can bridge deeper gaps.
    • All bridges must be made with bottom slabs to reduce mobs where you can get knocked off the road.
    • Build bridges with at least 2 block clearance above rivers and seas (you can skim over ponds
    • use string to block vines from growing into the road when cutting road through jungles
    • Do not route around objects with 45 degree turns, use 1/2 gentle angles.
    • To make 90 degree turns, (like around a claim) use a 5 block+ radius curve.

#1 Lianail, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:01 AM
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019 at 11:15 AM
    _YV_ likes this.
  2. Lianail

Lianail Member

If you would like to connect to any of the roads, let me know in this forum. I will allow claims adjacent to the road, if you agree to build nicely, not tear up the landscape. :) I would love to see people build Inns along the route or other roadside attractions. (I've already built a few)

3. Lianail

Lianail Member

As I'm going along, I'm making a map of all the roads. I'll see if I can't get a warp to it after the roads themselves are more substantial.