Obsidian and nether portals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goszki, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Goszki

Goszki Member

Hi

I'm new here (and in the Minecraft in general) and I couldn't find an answer to one thing that bothers me.

1. Lava mechanics. As I understand when water flows over lava it should turn into an obsidian, however on this server it turns into a cobblestone. Why?

2. Can I build a nether portal anywhere in the Overworld? Or is it blocked on this server for some reason? I'm asking because so far the only way to reach the Nether I found is by warp. But there's one portal only and the area around is heavily mined already, so I couldn't find any Nether quartz for example.

2. Drak

Drak Member

You probably already figured it out, but both those things work in the same way as in any other server.

1. Lava turns into obsidian when a source lava meets source or flowing water. So if you let water flow to a lava pool it should turn into obsidian. Cobble generates when flowing lava and flowing water meet.

2. Yeah, there are no restrictions to where you can build nether portals. Warp Portal/Nether is just there for convenience so you don't *have to* build a portal to go to the Nether, but it's a heavily visited area so no wonders why it's so barren. Also, the Nether is infinite, so if you keep going eventually you'll find brand new chunks.

Hope that helps!

3. Goszki

Goszki Member

Hey. Thanks for the reply!
    Yes I have asked on the server and somebody already provided an explanation to me, but thanks anyway.
    I think that it might help someone else searching that forum, as it's not that obvious :).

4. rwilllik4

rwilllik4 Member

Hi all. I'm new here. How are you guys doing?

5. Skymanky

Skymanky Member

I m banned. So yeah ...